Well it isn't my Swing Dress, that's still being slowly hand basted to the underlining. I'm really dragging my feet aren't?! However it is Sewaholic's Pendrell blouse!
I was excited about this pattern because it seemed easy(ier) and would fit nicely in my wardrobe. I chose a rayon challis I found at Hancock. It's kind of heavy, and frays like mad...but it's a dream to wear!
I traced off the largest size and for once I was happy about that. All the other size lines seemed very confusing. I made zero pattern modifications and it fits really nicely. I kept the long length for versatility. Plus I have a long torso as it is and it's nice to have a shirt that will either stay tucked in or won't show my undies when I sit down!
Next I'm going to tackle my Beignet pattern. I have a lovely light grey cotton twill and navy buttons. I'm a bit concerned though because I relied a lot on Tasia's sew along posts for my blouse (even though the directions were very clear, I like the tips and tricks) and this pattern doesn't have that. I've also never done buttons before so it's going to be an adventure.
During my posting hiatus (I'm blaming work) I made homemade Samoas (also known as Carmel De-Lites). I used this recipe. They were quite time consuming to make, but the end result was pretty tasty. Plus you get bigger cookies, and three times as many than the official Girl Scout ones.
I'll still support the Girl Scouts (especially since I remember my days selling cookies), but during the 10 months out of the year I can't get actual Samoas, I can whip these up instead.