Thursday, March 17, 2011

Crazy days!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!  Though I'm not Irish I like to get in the spirit and wear green.  Unfortunately my green swing dress is not finished so I chose a green t-shirt instead.  Since green is my favorite color it's easy to find something appropriate. 

So my dress isn't finished, but the pieces are all there.  They just need to be put together.  My sewing machine was in the shop for a week longer than I expected and it caused me some scheduling issues.  I do hope to have it completed for my trip back home to Chicago in May. 

I have a baby shower this weekend so my gift (Anna Marie Horner receiving blanket) has taken priority.  I'm so excited because I tried a new technique for making bias tape.  I used the tutorial on Colette's site for making continuous bias tape.  Lining up my lines was a little fiddly, but the strip came out great!  Now I just have to actually make it into the bias tape and then the scary part....sewing it on the blanket.  I can't sew a straight line it seems and this voile (which is what a layer of the blanket and the tape are) is slippery.  I'm considering trying my new Sewline glue pen instead of pins, but I fear it may stain the fabric. 
Has anyone tried this pen?  Did you have any issues?! 

I will be sure to post some pics of my finished blanket.  I really hope I can have it done by Sunday!  Just in case I did get another gift so I won't show up empty handed at least. 

I have a new assignment at work and my days went from low key to 90 miles a minute!  This has severely impacted my time and energy to devote to sewing...or anything else really.  Hopefully I'll get used to things and it all won't seem so overwhelming soon.  In the meantime you may not hear from me much.  I also have another idea for my blog that I'm considering...so changes may be coming.  Good ones I hope! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mia, I have not tried the sewline glue pen before so can't help you out with that, but have you ever tried using a sitch in the ditch foot or a 1/4 inch foot (quilter's use these) that can be used as a guide when trying to stitch a straight line? I find this really helps me. By the way I have nearly finished my muslin (Thank goodness),all I need to do is sew up the sides, put in a zipper, and do the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete