Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doll Clothes...Yikes!

For Christmas I received a joint gift with my niece, it was a kit to make doll clothes (similar kit here).  The kit was easy to follow and made two jumpers, a blouse and a stuffed dog.   
Sorry about the crummy pics, I used my phone because I was too lazy to find my camera.  I'll do better next time.  :)  I wish I had a doll to put them on because laying them flat kind of makes them look wonkier than they are, but dolls kind of creep me out so I don't own any beyond one Barbie.  LOL! 
This is the other jumper with the blouse.
Even though this was a pretty easy kit, I learned a lot.  I'm a beginner so I have a long way to go with things.  The blouse has set-in sleeves and that was a bit tricky and required several redos, but I eventually got them on with only a few puckers.  One thing that killed me was sewing the facing to the bodice at the underarm.  I could not for the life of me sew it without puckering.  It drove me nuts and eventually I gave up and figured my niece won't care.  :)  Overall I really enjoyed making the clothes and learning some new techniques.  I hope my niece will like them as much as I do! 

Another Christmas gift I got was The Sewing Book

It contains a wealth of information in one beautifully done book.  It has already proven to be quite handy having so many technique how-to's in one place.  I would definitely recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment