Friday, January 28, 2011

Sewing Room Revamp

This weekend I'm going to be painting my sewing room.  We've lived in the house for two years and this will be the first room we paint.  In fairness the previous owners painted all the rooms colors we liked.  However now I'm ready for a change.  I'm painting the walls gray and the trim white, to provide a neutral background for my furniture and fabrics to pop.  Plus I wanted the room to feel peaceful. 
Valspar Autumn Fog
Ultra White

I'm on the fence about furniture, though it will most likely to come from IKEA.  I'm thinking of the Expedit Workstation.

Also from IKEA Hackers site, I love this idea for an ironing station.  It uses the Norden Occasional Table.

I will have to add things as I go along, but Grolan Kitchen Island is on my wishlist as a cutting table.  I would love to have something higher than my bed to cut my fabric on. 
I'll post an update once we get the room painted! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have a whole room just for sewing!! I guess for now I'll have to live vicariously through you. ;) Can't wait to see the finished pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well technically I share the room with my cats Squeak and Sprout. They at least let me have a corner and pick out paint colors. LOL!

    ReplyDelete