My sewing room has a lovely fresh coat of grey paint and white trim now. I would post pictures, but I forgot the cable I need to transfer the files from my camera to my computer. Totally lame...I know.
So I wasn't able to make any progress on my swing dress last weekend. I tried to play catch-up last night. I cut out my muslin and attempted the first few steps of the pattern. Gosh the instructions are confusing! It didn't help that the instructions don't describe or illustrate the right/wrong sides of the fabric and it really didn't help that my muslin also doesn't have a right and wrong side. I was so confused with which bodice piece went on what side. I'm such a newb! LOL! I eventually figured it out enough to "try" it on with it all pinned up. I needed Mr. Snuggly to help so I didn't stab myself! I had shorten the bodice per Casey's directions based on my measurements, but I'm afraid I may have shortened it too much. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.
Casey posted directions on how to handle the shoulder...thank goodness! Casey actually seems to do the directions in a different order than the instructions and her's makes much more sense. Tonight I will take apart what I've done and redo it. I've never done gathers before and I'm a touch wary of getting them right. I've got my sewing book though and it has some nice pictures and how-to's on the subject.
Once I get that done, I'll take some pics (and remember the camera cable!), and hopefully they won't be too embarrassing! :)