Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Muslin #1 is a Bust!

Well it sort of looks like Casey's version in her tutorial.  This was my first time doing gathers and they turned out reasonably well considering. 
It looks like I'll be getting more practice too, because this muslin is way too short.  I tried it on and took a picture, which I can't post because it's a bit too revealing.  I think what happened was that I shorten the bodice per my measurements, but I didn't realize at the time that I'm a bit too busty for the shorten length. 

So I poured myself a glass of wine and got back too it.  I decided to trace out the bodice and back at their original lengths and see what that does.  I'll sew that up tonight hopefully. 

Oh and here are pics of my newly painted walls.  This is of course before I moved all my stuff back in.  I hope to get my new furniture in a month or so.  February appears to be a busy month!


  1. Hi! I'm a fellow swing dress sew-alonger. If you're looking for more info on gathers, I found this tutorial online, and it helped me out a lot! Your muslin looks pretty good to me--I had a lot of trouble figuring out the shoulders. Good luck with the fit!

  2. Thanks for the link! I need all the help I can get!
    Good luck with your dress!