Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Stitching Love

When I was a kid I used to do cross stitch, the kind with the pattern printed on the fabric.  I found it so satisfying to make each stitch.  I then moved to counted cross stitch which usually frustrated me, because at some point I would mis-count.  :(  So I put stitching down for a long time. 

Then I discovered Sublime Stitching and started doing embroidery! I love all the different floss colors, the amazing patterns and the variation of stitches.  No longer limited to X's (though sometimes an X is the perfect stitch). 

Below are a few of my favorite pieces, all of which are Sublime Stitching patterns. 

Pillowcase for niece, sorry the pic is so dark

Tea Towel given to my grandma
Totebag given to my friend Karen  


1 comment:

  1. OH WOW!!! I really like those. I have some (embroidery) tablecloths in my cupboard that I've had for years. Every now and then I bring them out, and do a bit of stitching, then get bored and put them back in the cupboard.

    ReplyDelete